Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and everyone seems to go crazy about it. But if there’s one thing you shouldn’t stress out on this day, then it is the question: What am I going to cook for dinner?
We all know the saying “The way to someone’s heart is through their stomach.”, and we definitely believe in it. Cook us a nice meal and we’re all yours! To make it a bit easier for you, we’ve put up a delicious and foolproof 3 course Valentine’s Day menu, with which you will certainly make a big impression on your sweetheart.
Let’s cook up some love!
Caramelized Grapefruit with Salad
Serves 2 | Time: 20 minutes
1 romaine lettuce
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup fresh dill
2 tbsp pistachios
2 tbsp brown cane sugar
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp raspberry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 440°F.
- Halve grapefruit. Season with allspice and nutmeg. Sprinkle with sugar and cook under grill for about 10 min.
- In the meantime, toast pistachios for 2-3 min. in a pan without oil.
- Wash and cut lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash, de-seed, and thinly slice bell pepper.
- Wash and shake dry dill; pluck leaves.
- To make the dressing, whisk olive oil, raspberry vinegar, and honey together.
- Arrange salad on plates and serve with caramelized grapefruit.
Tagliatelle with Salmon in Citrus Cream Sauce by Hatterzaehlt
Serves 2 | Time: 30 minutes
1/2 yellow onion
1 chili pepper
5.6 oz salmon fillet
2 tsp lemon marmelade
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup white wine
6 oz tagliatelle
2 tsp dried lovage
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp butter
- Defrost salmon if necessary.
- Cut salmon into pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Peel and finely dice onion.
- Wash, halve, de-seed, and cut chili into strips.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and sauté onions for 2-3 min.
- Add marmelade and chili and cook for 1-2 min. Then add wine and allow to reduce.
- Season with lime juice, salt, pepper, and lovage.
- Add whipping cream, let simmer for 2-3 min., then reduce heat.
- Add salmon and remove pan from heat. Salmon will be cooked in the sauce.
- Stir in cooked pasta with and enjoy!
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake by My tasty litte beauties
Serves 2 | Time: 27 minutes
2/3 cup raspberries
2 organic eggs
1.8 oz dark chocolate
2 tbsp wheat flour
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place them in a small pot. Heat water in a bigger pot, then put smaller pot on top. Let chocolate melt while stirring constantly.
- Mix soft butter with sugar.
- Separate half of the eggs (you need 1 egg yolk per egg).
- Gradually add eggs to the batter.
- Add melted chocolate.
- Finally, stir in flour.
- Grease small custard cups, pour in batter, and bake for 10-12 min. so that the core is still soft.
- Dust cakes with powdered sugar and serve with raspberries.
You can find more easy 30 min recipes for a romantic dinner free on the KptnCook app.